Request Callback
atol grey logo
/5 Rating out of   Reviews | 99% Recommendation rate
Le Méridien Ile Maurice


I’m only going to be away for a few days, do I still need insurance?

It’s important you have comprehensive travel insurance, even if you’re only planning a short trip and check that it covers you for everything that you want to do while you are on holiday. For more information on taking out travel insurance for your trip visit the FCDO travel insurance advice page.

I’m travelling to Europe; will my EHIC cover me for insurance?

An EHIC is valid for all medically necessary care within the EU and the EEA and should be accepted by all state hospitals. However the FCDO strongly recommend that travellers should also have comprehensive travel insurance, as an EHIC only covers necessary care and won’t cover things such as repatriation to the UK in the case of a medical emergency.

Where can I read up on country specific advice and information?

Read up on your destination, including local laws and customs before you travel. Typical behaviour at home could result in a severe penalty abroad so it’s important to be aware of legal and cultural differences. Check the Travel Aware page or sign up for email alerts and receive the latest updates for that country.

Do I need a visa to travel or are there any specific entry requirements?

Check the FCDO country specific travel advice for entry requirements to see which visas are required for your travels and allow plenty of time to research and prepare.

How long do I need left on my passport to travel?

Check your passport is valid for the country you are travelling to – some countries require 6 months left to run after your return date to the UK and it can take up to 6 weeks to get a first passport. Make a note of the passport number and take a photocopy of the main personal details and photograph page with you for ID purposes – this will make it easier to replace if it does go missing. Remember to fill in the emergency contact details just Keep it in a safe place while you’re away, ideally in the hotel safe.

Will I need any vaccinations before I travel?

You can check what vaccinations you need by visiting, your travel health clinic or GP at least 6 weeks before you travel.

Am I covered by ATOL?

Yes, All the holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it. Please see our booking conditions for further information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: 

Talk To The Experts

Your personal travel consultant will get to know your needs, ensuring they find you the most suitable holiday, at the best price!